Monday, March 20, 2006

A little background...


I started competing in triathlon back in '88. Nothing ever serious as I have never had the typical triathlete's body. I knew this, accepted this, and just enjoyed the sport. I took about 10 years off as I unexpectedly became a single father to a 1 yr old little girl. As you could imagine, life changed just a bit.

As I was graduating grad school, a buddy of mine was interested in competing in a triathlon and got me thinking about getting back into the sport. By this time, Hallah (Hey-la), was 8 and a bit less dependent on me. My folks had moved to South FL and was helping me take care of her. So, I really had no excuses. Plus, I had just plain let myself go and needed to do something to get back in shape. Back to tris it was!

In 2002, I started training again and signed up for Ironman Florida '03- weighing a slim 325+. In March of '03, I began working part-time with TrainingPeaks. For some reason, I didn't think that training for an Ironman was enough and wanted to take on this new venture with TrainingPeaks. The new job was a huge improvement to my life conditions and I knew it would be worth the effort if we could turn it into a full time job.

With plans of just crossing the line under 17 hrs, I completed Ironman Florida in 16:47. I was 13 minutes too fast some where on the course :) Now that I could concentrate on transitioning my part time job into a full time job, I pretty much took the next 2 years off from the sport in '04. I began working full time with TrainingPeaks and moved back to my home town of Pensacola, FL to slow life down for myself and my daughter. Thank God I moved back here just in time to get hit by hurricane Ivan. What a mess.

So, now with the move out of the way, settled in at work, and my measurements almost equating to a perfect circle, it is go time!

Enter in D3 Multisport, TrainingPeaks, and CyclingPeaks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home