Thursday, March 30, 2006

Wednesday 3/29/06

I really felt the swim I did yesterday in the pool this morning, as well as feeling the ride last night. My thighs were on fire! I cringed when I saw we had any backstroke or backstroke kicking drills on the workout in Masters today.

Wound up hanging in for about 1350 yds and had to break out of 500 yds of the schedule. Boy, I was hurting.

My sample order from E-Caps arrived today. I was talking with Mike about transitioning from Spiz as my main source of nutrition for the race and he suggested I give the Hammer products a try. Have to give props where props are due. I called Katey at E-Caps and spoke to her and she was just about as helpful as someone could be in explaining their products and helping me understand how to use them and what I needed. I felt like I was getting the same customer service I provide. So, my order of samples came today. Really interested to see how the Heed and Perpetuem work for my endurance rides and runs. The directions say to mix the Heed with your favorite juice. I wonder if it mixes well with Coca-Cola :0)
I went ahead and placed a pretty sizable order to get going with several of their products and should have that in the next few days. The samples they sent should get me through until then.
I will keep everyone up on how that goes. I think about 70% of Ironman is nutrition and mental strength. I already proved back in '03 that a fat guy in semi-shape can finish the race. Now, if I can have a finishing photo where I don't look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy because I over-fueled during the race and was flat out bloated. I had to be the only guy there that actually gained weight during the race. IM rookie mistake... Rich Strauss was at that race with me and when I showed him my finishing photo he said "Hang that up on your wall to remind yourself to work on race day nutrition". I think I have to work on anything that ties in with nutrition, period! Between Hammer's products, my coach, and some good testing while training, I should be good to go this year...

Took Kona on an hour and a half walk with me this evening. The time really passes when I have to keep getting onto her for wanting to smell every blade of grass along the way. I often forget she is still just a pup and curious about everything and anything. I think we have a 2 hour walk Saturday. Will have to bring Hallah and my fuel belt filled with water for her and Kona with me.

I was pretty tired when I got back home after my walk this evening. Finished up with church and when the bell rang, I was out the door for some steak! I have been craving steak the last couple of weeks more and more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home