Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Monday 4/3/06 - My E-Caps order arrived..yea!

Nice swim this morning. Talked with Coach Mike for a bit and told him that I think the Monday swims are going to become recovery swims as we juice up the weekend volume and intensity. He is all good with that. Still a bit sore (lower back) but feeling better.

Knocked about 1500 out in the pool and made it back to the house to start working. Planned on hitting the gym and then a nice walk, but wound up just getting in a 50 minute walk around the neighborhood. So, tomorrow becomes gym day :) Shooting for no missed workouts this week!

Up 3.5 lbs - not good. I have not been watching my nutrition as I should. So, nobody to blame but myself. I got to thinking, after I got on the scale Monday morning and saw the rise, Saturday's effort was pretty much all for not. If I am going to be out there busting my rump with a long training day - why negate it by not watching my foods better? I have recommitted to really keep a better eye on choices and portions. It is crazy that adding all this training in has not created dividends on the scale as mush as it should have. It is crazy that I am not handling that part of my training!

On a good note.... you can't just go on the numbers of a scale. Body composition is getting better and I can see some good changes happening. So, it is not all for not - just yet.

Got my E-Caps order in today. Katey hooked me up and again came through with great customer service. Here is what I got in and can now begin building a nutrition strategy with: Recoverite, Perpetuem, Raspberry and Tropical individual packets and full bottles of gel, Hammer Soy, Heed, and Sustained Energy. Just can't say enough about the good customer service these guys offer! I had a good test run with my Heed and Perpetuem this past weekend. Anxious to give the other stuff a try as well now and get to figuring my nutrition out for the race. the sooner, the better!

Enjoyed the 50 minute walk after dinner. Good wind down that I usually never do. Still trying to get adjusted to this stupid time change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home