Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday 4/6/06 - tough cadence work

Today's workout was pretty interesting. I had to move my 1:45 minute run to tomorrow. Just too much going on with taking Kona to get her coat thinned, picking up Hallah from school, and a long day at work. So, I just couldn't get the run in today. Going to knock it out after my masters workout in the morning and see how it effects my Saturday long bike and walk/run.

So, tonight I had a little 35 minute cadence workout. 15 minute warm up, 2(3 mins @100 rpm, 2 mins @ 110 rpm, and 1 min @120 rpm) with a 10 minute cool down.

I was like, "Yeah, let me go knock this little workout out, take a shower, and hit the bed." Uh, yeah - no. Getting to test out my Revoverite from E-Caps.com tonight. Interested to see how I feel when I wake up and hit the pool in the morning.

Cut my warm-up to 10 minutes and hit the first interval. First 3 minutes were okay and I crapped out about 30 seconds on the 2nd interval, and made the last 1 minute interval okay. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to rest in between any of these, but it was all I could do to do these on a 1 minute rest interval. Then I started on the 2nd interval and actually took the last 1 minute interval into the 130's. Not bad. However, on the 2 and 3rd intervals of each set - I discovered fat giggling that I didn't even know I had. I felt like I was going to throw myself over the bars on the 1 minute intervals.

Took my HR into Sub-Threshold on the last minute of the 2 minute interval as well as the full minute on the 3rd interval. I was hurting pretty good.

Hope we don't have a ton of kicking drills in the morning.

I changed my cadence display in CyclingPeaks to 10 piece increments instead of 20 as before. So, should have a bit more precise info to compare to going forward.

I am loving the fact that I have 2 power files in a row that I don't have to smooth in order to read. Getting there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home